Thursday 12 March 2015

Wow - 17 days already!

12th March 2015

I am not entirely sure I have time for writing this evening, but I am going to do it anyway as I have been neglecting my blog!

Firstly, I wanted to thank those of you who are reading this, I really appreciate that you are giving up some of your precious time to read my thoughts and I love receiving your comments either on here or via Facebook etc.

Secondly, I simply want to give a little update of where we are right now.

Our princess has now been "switched on" for 17 days! 

In the last 17 days we have seen responses to; clapping, clicking fingers, knocking on wood, making repetitive sounds such as Ba Ba Ba, Da Da Da etc, doors slamming, cutlery clinking on crockery, making that clicky horsey noise we all do, me shouting at her brothers (very loud, with cross face, she didn't like that one!), there may have also been reactions to some music & TV, but can't be sure - can't think of anything else right now, although I feel guilty for saying that for something as momentous as this!

In the last 17 days, we have had Princess's 1st birthday, a fabulous family day out, attended an event with NDCS, attended an event with Sound Friends, attended Sign2Music and gained our second certificates, been back to the implant centre for our first follow-up appointment,  met with our TOD (teacher of the deaf) and had to reschedule appointments with our SALT (speech and language therapist), HV (health visitor) and nurse for 12 month injections, all because her brothers were sick.

So life has continued on (of course I haven't included diary entries for my hubby, my boys or myself), busy as usual in a family of six, but we continue to be amazed and overwhelmed with happiness, every time we see the miracle of cochlear implants. Time may pass quickly, but it is in the small quiet moments we see what life is all about & it's then I realise how lucky I am to be a wife & mother in this family.

Two quotes come to mind as I am reviewing the last 17 days:
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" (Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher)
And 
"You won't realise the distance you've walked until you take a look around and realise how far you've been"

Thanks and goodnight,
Sara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment