Sunday 1 March 2015

Trampolining?!

1st March 2015

What a busy Sunday!

An early morning was called for in order to let the Princess open her presents from yesterday's party as she was too tired to do it then.

Our first event today was Family Sign Language, run by the NDCS, we enjoyed brilliant few hours with other families leaning some new signs relating to wildlife - we did some bug hunting, pond dipping and learning about animals and birds. There's not many sign language courses that teach you signs for slugs, butterflies and worms! The kids loved every minute and each FSL event helps us feel more confident using sign by giving us the chance to converse with profoundly deaf people using BSL as their first language. Of course, it's also a lovely social occasion, meeting other families with deaf kids and reconnecting with people we have met on previous courses.

Next we rushed down to meet up with Sound Friends for an adventurous afternoon.

That is when I discovered that my little Princess adores the trampoline! She giggled and smiled and signed for "more" continuously - she loved it & hopefully the videos taken by my parents will reflect some of that! Of course the boys expended much energy bouncing, playing jump dodgeball, throwing themselves into foam pits, shooting some hoops and trying to run on trampolines. 

Of course, then I had to be the mummy I pretend I am to my children, the one who isn't scared of anything! I am terrified of heights, well falling from heights is really was scares the pants of me, but today I had to pretend I wasn't. It was pretty successful and I came away feeling very proud that I was able to complete part of the high (tremendously high!) ropes course.

So another exhausting day, but I feel very fulfilled knowing that we are progressing with our utilisation of sign language, my daughters progress with her hearing and enjoyment of life and knowing how my boys are getting so comfortable with deaf people and children. 

Almost time for bed, before another visit to the CI centre for another mapping assessment & tests to see how Princess is progressing - exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment