Thursday 19 March 2015

Excited Exhaustion

19th March 2015

Apologies now for a short & rushed post.

This last week has disappeared so quickly, I can hardly take it in.

The boys have been sick (just good old winter bugs), appointments were postponed and rescheduled, I've been prepping for some teaching coming up, hubby has been working lots. However, once better, the boys got time off school for St Patrick's day which helped cheer everyone up & it's nearly easter - hopefully there will be some family & relaxing time.

On the implant front, Princess and another review appointment - three weeks post activation! She actually had a score in her audiogram for the first time ever! She was heating some noises at 60dB - amazing! We are now seeing responses to lots of environmental noises & even some speech! We are flabbergasted! We never could have expected so much, so soon. I am proceeding with caution, as I mentioned before, I am always ready for a plateaux and whilst I hope it doesent come, I don't want to be caught off guard if it does.

Even better news is that our Princess seems to be exhibiting pleasure at some of the noises she has heard, she has turned to me a few times after hearing a noise & smiled - I am so happy & relieved. Deciding on implants is such a huge decision to make, especially on someone else's behalf, so to see positive results and pleasure on my daughters face, fills me with delight.

This week saw us educate our health visitor on cochlear implants and warn her of the extra out-of-hours or A&E attendances we may make due to the low threshold for infection for an implanted patient and also the risk posed by head injuries. I was also able to let her see our princess react to sound during her 12 month assessment, which was just beautiful.

It's going to be another busy weekend, but hey, what's new? So although its goodnight for now, I will endeavour to update more frequently in the future!

Thanks for reading, as always,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment